Frequently Asked Questions about Mortgage Lenders in Pennsylvania
Who are the best mortgage lenders?
- Best Overall: Quicken Loans. Courtesy of Quicken.
- Best Online: SoFi.
- Best for Refinancing: Loan Depot.
- Best for Poor Credit: New American Funding.
- Best for Customer Service: Lenda.
- Best for Low Income: Citi Mortgage.
- Best Interest-Only: Guaranteed Rate.
- Best Traditional Bank: Chase.
How do I find the best mortgage lender?
- Get your credit score in shape. The higher your credit score, the more bargaining power you’ll have.
- Know the mortgage lending landscape. …
- Get pre-approved for your mortgage. …
- Compare rates from several mortgage lenders.
- Ask the right questions and read the fine print.
Is it better to get a mortgage from a bank or lender?
Unlike a mortgage “broker,” the mortgage company still closes and funds the loan directly. Because these companies only service mortgage loans, they can streamline their process much better than a bank. This is a great advantage, meaning your loan can close quicker.
Is it better to use a mortgage broker or lender?
While using a mortgage broker seems like it would save you money because they have access to many lenders and programs. Brokers are paid commissions by themortgage company, some lenders pay more than others. … You should always speak to at least one other broker or lender to compare the loan offers.